Banner & EPAF Resources
Electronic Personnel Action Form (EPAF)
The University of Idaho uses the Electronic Personnel Action Form (EPAF) to create employee records and to update these records when changes occur. This information is used to generate an employee's time sheet and to ensure that the employee is paid timely and accurately. Log into VandalWeb.
For more information
Please provide any comments or suggestions to email@example.com
- EPAF User Guide: Includes information on terms to know and definitions, instructions for creating a benefit-eligible and temporary help employee EPAF, originator proxy instructions and required PeopleAdmin search information.
- EPAF Supplemental Material: Includes information on approval categories, suffix and position control number links, account codes and descriptions, and PCNs for the following appointments: PERSI (T1), T4 non-student, student (ST), work study, unit pay and other. It also includes the employee class descriptions and job change reason codes.
- Payroll Calendars: A variety of academic and fiscal year calendars, located on the Payroll website.
- EPAF Proxy for Approvals: How to setup a proxy for EPAF Approvals
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Eligibility: Decision tree to determine eligibility for Affordable Care Act.
The following files are additional EPAF Training Resources available to you:
- EPAF Flowchart: This flowchart shows the overall EPAF Process - from Employment Authorization (I-9 and other paperwork) to the various EPAF Processes. It includes everyone involved - the new employee, Human resources, Department / College and Payroll / Benefits)
- EPAF Decision Tree: This is a decision tree to help you select that first EPAF approval category. It also has information on appointment definitions, EPAF dates, and how to find PeopleAdmin Numbers for EPAF comments, and Affordable Care Act eligibility.
- EPAF Training Supplemental Material: Here you will find the EPAF Supplemental Material in an excel workbook for easy navigation.
- EPAF Reference Guide: This document is a reference sheet containing reminders and other information about EPAFs. It contains links so you can find information on many different topics. This document will be updated from time to time to include new topics and other reminders as necessary.
- EPAF Approval Queue Instructions: Requests for a Banner user to be set up as certain approver level: Dean/Director, Department Head/Chair, Principal Investigator.
- Termination EPAFs and Dates Video
- Change EPAF Categories Video
EPAF Summer Session 2022 Guidelines: The guidelines for 2022 Summer Session. This PDF contains instructions, example calculations and other information pertaining to Faculty and Graduate Students working through the Summer Session.
- Affiliate Members - Affiliate Data Form: This is a PDF form that you can fill out for any Affiliate Members that you have, including A1-Nonpaid instructional staff, A2- Nonpaid non-instructional Staff, or A3-Nonpaid associated faculty-1565. Information on selecting the correct EPAF Approval Category can be found in the EPAF Decision Tree of the EPAF Training Supplemental Workbook.