External Employment Opportunities
The University of Idaho partners with organizations who provide services that benefit the university and its mission. These organizations recruit and manage their own employees, and the work performed is not considered university employment. See below for information on employment opportunities with these valued partners.
- McKinstry manages university steam plant and utilities services. Available positions are posted to McKinstry's Careers page.
- Allied Universal is the world's largest private security company. The positions at the University of Idaho offer flexible schedules, uniform shirts provided, applicant will need to pass a background check and drug test, and will need to have a valid driver's license for at least 1 year. Allied Universal offers many benefits and career advancement in all aspects of the security community. Available positions are posted to the Allied Universal Careers page.
- Express Employment Professionals of Lewiston, ID is a leading staffing provider helping job seekers find work with a wide variety of local businesses. Available positions are offered around the area along with effective workforce staffing solutions.
Employment Resources for U of I Students and Alumni
Temporary employment opportunities and career development are important parts of the student experience. Handshake is a valuable resource that will assist students and alumni every step of the way in their academic and professional careers.
The University of Idaho utilizes Handshake for off-campus student employment as well as career development, internships and job opportunities for students and alumni.
- Student Financial Aid maintains a list of off-campus employment opportunities for students.
- Career Services provides career development, internship and co-op employment resources for students and alumni.