Thank you for your service to University of Idaho. Please refer to the information below for a smooth transition.
Submit your resignation
Please inform your supervisor in writing (email is fine) as soon as you know the date of your last day of work. Full-time classified staff are expected to give at least two weeks notice, while exempt staff are expected to provide at least one month's notice. Please note:
- Your supervisor may ask you to use any remaining comp time or annual leave prior to your last day.
- In order to maintain insurance coverage until your last day of work, you must work on your last day (your final day cannot be taken as annual leave or comp time).
- All time and leave must be reported before 5 p.m. on your last day of work.
Complete on or before your last day
Please refer to the Exit Checklist help you through your transition.
- Return building or office keys and any credit/purchasing cards.
- Return or destroy your VandalCard.
- Return any other university assets, including books, computers, software, laboratory equipment, laboratory animals, vehicles, motorized equipment, personal protective equipment, etc.
- If you are moving, update your address.
- If you have a parking permit, contact Parking and Transportation Services to see if you may be eligible for a prorated refund.
- Optional: Complete the exit questionnaire or request an exit interview.