Employee Recruitment Referral Program
U of I offers incentives to current employees for referring qualified applicants to open board-appointed positions on campus. You are encouraged to help us expand our applicant pools and grow the Vandal Family by referring family, friends and members of your professional network.
Referrals are confidential. Hiring committees will evaluate all candidates under the same criteria.
What are the incentives?
- Employees will receive $200 for referring a successful applicant to a board-appointed position.
- Employees will receive $10 of Idaho Eats credit for referring a qualified applicant to a board-appointed position, if the applicant is not hired.
- The maximum incentive per employee per fiscal year is $3000 in cash and $2000 in gift cards. Cash incentives are considered taxable income.
How does the referral process work?
- Applicants must include the referring employee's name and department in their application materials. Only one referral name is eligible per application.
- Candidates will be evaluated under current hiring guidelines. Referral information is confidential and will not be available to the hiring committee.
- Incentives will be given within 60 days of the job being filled. Cash incentive payments will be processed by Payroll and included in the referring employee's paycheck. Idaho Eats credit will be loaded on the referring employee's VandalCard.
Who is eligible to receive an incentive?
- The referring employee must be board-appointed and have a performance evaluation on file with an overall rating of Meets/Exceeds Expectations.
- The referring employee must still be employed at U of I during a successful applicant's first 30 days of employment.
- Employees cannot receive an incentive for referring applicants to positions for which they serve on the search committee.
- Employees cannot receive an incentive for referring applicants to positions that are within their direct hiring authority. For example, the Director of Human Resources is not eligible for an incentive for referring an applicant to a position within Human Resources.
Read full details of the referral program.
Questions? Please reach out to email@example.com.