Perks & Discounts
University of Idaho Employee Tuition Waivers for U of I Classes
Tuition waivers for U of I classes are available for eligible U of I employees, spouses and dependents through Student Accounts.
University of Idaho Employee Reciprocal Agreements for Other Institutions
Reciprocal education agreements allow University of Idaho employees to take courses for reduced fees at the following:
- Boise State University (employee only)
- Idaho State University (employee only)
- Lewis-Clark State College (employee only)
Each institution has their own limitations to the reciprocal agreements. Check with the particular institution to see if there are any limitations that would apply to you.
Non-University of Idaho Employee Reciprocal Agreements for U of I Classes
Employees of Boise State University, Idaho State University and Lewis-Clark State College may attend classes at University of Idaho for reduced fees with the following limitations:
- Student must be admitted and enrolled in a degree program at University of Idaho.
- Courses are taught in-person (Web, Hybrid, or Virtual Meeting courses are not eligible).
- The benefit covers up to 6 credits per fall/spring Semester and 3 credits in summer.
- The benefit is limited to the BSU, ISU or LCSC employees only. Spouses or dependents aren’t eligible.
- Reduced fees aren't available for special programs that are self-sustaining. View a list of self-sustaining programs.
To apply, the BSU, ISU or LCSC HR Department fills out a reciprocal waiver indicating the student is a BSU, ISU or LCSC employee and submits the waiver to U of I Student Accounts office each semester, prior to the beginning of classes.
Contact Student Accounts for additional information.
Recreation and Wellbeing at the University of Idaho provides programs, services, facilities and equipment to enrich the university learning experience. Staff and Faculty are eligible to purchase memberships at the Student Rec Center.
The University of Idaho offers an Adoption Assistance Plan to reimburse eligible employees for the cost of certain adoption expenses. An employee must be enrolled in the medical plan as an active employee to be eligible. The amount of the benefit is based on actual qualified adoption expenses, not to exceed the limits as listed below.
- Full-time Employees - $2,000 per lifetime
- Three Quarter-time Employees - $1,500 per lifetime
- Half-time Employees - $1,000 per lifetime
Examples of Qualified Expenses
- adoption agency and placement fees
- attorney's fees and court costs
- cost of temporary foster care for the child (during adoption process)
- immunizations required for the adoption (during the adoption process and prior to finalization of the adoption)
- reasonable and necessary transportation and lodging directly associated with the adoption.
It is intended that this Plan meet the criteria and conditions set forth in Section 137 of the Internal Revenue Code pertaining to adoption assistance programs.
As a Blue Cross Cross of Idaho member, you have access to a variety of discounts and savings on anything from car seats to massage therapy through the Blue Extras discount and savings program. The Blue Cross of Idaho website lists where you can save money for specific services and goods.
Employees have access to the Employee Assistance Plan's discount program, called Corporate Perks. Visit apshelplink.com and enter the code of UI1. You will then click on the Savings Center link on the right side of the page to access the Corporate Perks page. You can save money on anything from cars to computers.
The Savings Marketplace through Working Advantage offers exclusive discounts on products, services and experiences. It’s cost-free and easy to enroll — just sign up online and begin saving today on items like:
- Theme Parks
- Movie Tickets
- Rental Cars
- Gift Cards
- Fitness Memberships
- Special Events
- And More!