Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free, confidential service that offers eligible employees and their families access to professional counseling, legal and financial consulting, referral information and a variety of online resources.
You do not have to enroll in a medical plan to participate in the EAP. However, if you are enrolled in a medical plan, you may be able to maximize your benefits by accessing free EAP services before using behavioral health benefits, which require you to pay a share of the cost.
By phone: call 800-999-1077 and use company code UI1
- Emergency Crisis Line available 24/7
- Access EAP services (including counseling referrals)
Online: visit EAPHelplink.com and use company code UI1
- Self-help information, webinars and a directory of providers of services other than counseling.
View the summary of all EAP Services for additional information.
Up to eight counseling sessions per person per issue per year are available to employees and their dependents at no cost. The EAP will provide referrals to counselors for issues such as:
- Anxiety and stress
- Drug or alcohol abuse
- Transition and change
- Relationship concerns – individual, marital and family
- Access the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) 24/7 by calling KEPRO at 800-999-1077.
- KEPRO will ask for your name and other basic information, including why you are seeking counseling. They maintain the same confidentiality as licensed counselors and you can be brief. Let them know if you have counselor preferences such as gender or time of day they are available, and if you are willing to receive counseling via telehealth. Telehealth can widen the availability of counselors because they don't have to be local.
- KEPRO will provide you with the name and number of at least one counselor, as well as a short billing code. Either you or KEPRO will provide that code to the counselor so that you won’t be charged for your sessions.
- Call the referral(s) and schedule an appointment. Sometimes the counselor’s schedule is full and they aren’t taking clients. If so, call KEPRO again and get more referrals.
- At your first appointment with your counselor, provide the code from KEPRO, if KEPRO did not already provide it to them directly. Billing will happen automatically between KEPRO and your counselor; you will not be charged or need to handle any paperwork.
- If you want to continue past eight sessions, you may use your insurance and be charged. You can talk with your counselor about their fee structure.
This service takes the legwork out of provider searches. A WorkLife consultant can help you find local providers and resources that meet your needs for issues such as:
- Childcare and parenting: child care facilities, summer camps, parenting support groups.
- Adoption: adoption agencies, support groups, legal assistance.
- Daily living: home repair, pet care services.
- Adult care: elder care and respite services, legal and financial issues.
- Education: K-12 public and private schools, secondary education, financial aid, tutoring.
For more information, see a summary of WorkLife Consultation and Referral Services. You can access WorkLife services online or by phone.
The EAP provides up to 30 minutes of legal consultation with an attorney or financial counselor at no cost or obligation for the following:
- Civil/Consumer Issues
- Personal/Family Legal Services
- Business Legal Services
- IRS Matters
- Real Estate
- Credit/Debit Services
- Estate Planning
- Financial Planning
View the summary of Legal and Financial Services for additional information.
The EAP offers a wide variety of free on-demand seminars on topics such as:
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Self-care and stress management
- Building resiliency
- Navigating traumatic events
- Creating boundaries
- Effective communication
- Setting goals
- Budgeting and financial wellbeing
To access webinars, visit EAPHelplink.com and enter code UI1.
The EAP offers a library of free articles, videos and helpful links on topics such as:
- Mental health
- Addiction and recovery
- Health and wellness
- Career development
- Buying/selling a home
- Legal and financial issues
To access resources, visit EAPHelplink.com and enter code UI1.