Qualifying Life Events
If you experience a qualifying life event, you will be given the opportunity to make changes to your current benefit elections.
Examples of life events include:
- Change in spouse's or dependent's coverage under a non-University of Idaho health plan
- Change in family status that results in an increase or decrease in the number of eligible family members
- marriage, divorce, annulment, legal separation
- birth, adoption, acquiring foster child or stepchild, issuance of court order requiring employee to provide coverage for child
- death of spouse or dependent
- Change in employee's employment status that could result in entitlement to coverage
- return to pay status from non-pay status
- change in employee's employment status that could affect cost of premiums (ex. half-time to full-time)
- Employee becomes entitled to Medicare and wants to change to another plan or option
If one of these events occur, please log into your portal (through VandalWeb) and select the appropriate life event. You will then be able to make the changes in your profile. Please make sure you upload any proof that may be required. Step by step instructions for completing the event is available here.
Life events are extremely time sensitive - please act quickly.For the birth or adoption of a child, you have 60 days from the event date to add the child to your plan. For all other lifestyle changes, you have 30 days to make any changes to the plan.