EPAF and Banner Resources
University departments use the Electronic Personnel Action Form (EPAF) to create and update employee records. An EPAF should be submitted for each new employee as soon as they complete their I-9. An EPAF must also be submitted when there is a change to a current employee's title, work location, salary, labor distribution, etc. The information in the EPAF is used to ensure that the employee’s salary is paid accurately and on time.
EPAFs are submitted through VandalWeb.
Access and Training
Training for Banner systems is managed by Employee Development and Learning (EDL). You must have Banner access and complete HR Query training through EDL before signing up for EPAF training.
To sign up for EPAF training, work with your department or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You must successfully complete EPAF training before you are able to submit or edit EPAFs.
- EPAF User Guide: Includes information on terms to know and definitions, instructions for creating a benefit-eligible and temporary help employee EPAF, originator proxy instructions and required PeopleAdmin search information.
- EPAF Supplemental Material: Includes information on approval categories, suffix and position control number links, account codes and descriptions, and PCNs for the following appointments: PERSI (T1), T4 non-student, student (ST), work study, unit pay and other. It also includes the employee class descriptions and job change reason codes.
- Payroll Calendars: A variety of academic and fiscal year calendars, located on the Payroll website.
- EPAF Proxy for Approvals: How to setup a proxy for EPAF Approvals
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Eligibility: Decision tree to determine eligibility for Affordable Care Act.
The following files are additional EPAF Training Resources available to you:
- EPAF Flowchart: This flowchart shows the overall EPAF Process - from Employment Authorization (I-9 and other paperwork) to the various EPAF Processes. It includes everyone involved - the new employee, Human resources, Department / College and Payroll / Benefits)
- EPAF Reference Guide: This document is a reference sheet containing reminders and other information about EPAFs. It contains links so you can find information on many different topics. This document will be updated from time to time to include new topics and other reminders as necessary.
- EPAF Approval Queue Instructions: Requests for a Banner user to be set up as certain approver level: Dean/Director, Department Head/Chair, Principal Investigator.
- Termination EPAFs and Dates Video
- Change EPAF Categories Video
- Affiliate Members - Affiliate Data Form: This is a PDF form that you can fill out for any Affiliate Members that you have, including A1-Nonpaid instructional staff, A2- Nonpaid non-instructional Staff, or A3-Nonpaid associated faculty-1565. Information on selecting the correct EPAF Approval Category can be found in the EPAF Decision Tree of the EPAF Training Supplemental Workbook.