Employee Health and Wellness Resources
The university and surrounding community offer various resources and opportunities that can support you on your journey to good health. Wellness passes are available to faculty, staff and spouses through Recreation and Wellbeing. Employees enrolled in a university medical plan have access to the Blue Cross of Idaho WellConnected portal which offers many tools and resources to help you maintain and improve your health. The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides support services should you need help with personal problems, financial or legal issues. Tobacco cessation support is available for all employees. Other university and community resources accessible to all employees, regardless of benefits status, are included below.
Annual flu shots come at no cost to you as part of your preventive care benefits available through your medical and prescription drug plans. The flu vaccine is recommended for everyone older than 6 months. You can get your shot at many convenient locations, including local pharmacies, your healthcare provider’s office or urgent care offices.
The University Idaho Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides support and resources to help you better manage a broad range of life events and challenges including:
- Family and relationship concerns
- Drug and alcohol concerns
- Grief and loss
- Depression and anxiety
- Work related issues
- Financial and legal questions
Your Benefits Include:
- Counseling Services
- 8 in-person or telehealth counseling sessions at no-cost to you
- 24/7 telephonic support by Masters level counselors for crises or emergencies
- Work Life Consultation Services
- Financial Services - up to 30-minutes financial consultation per issue with a certified financial professional
- Legal Services - up to 30-minutes consultation per issue with an attorney at no-cost and 25% discount of fees if you decide to retain an attorney
- Family Care Giving - resources and referrals for child care and elder care related services
- Convenience Services - assistance in locating household and daily living resources, including pet care services, home repairs, travel planning and event scheduling.
For more information, please see the Summary of EAP Services.
Contact the EAP:
- Phone: 800-999-1077 (24/7)
- KEPRO will provide you contact information for counselors that are covered under EAP for 8 free sessions
- If telehealth is preferred, mention this on the call as it allows for referrals for counselors out of the area
- EAPHelplink.com (code: UI1)
State & National Resources
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Phone: 800-273-8255
- Text: Home to 741-741
- Online Chat
Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline
- Phone: 208-398-4357
- Text: 208-398-4357
- Online Chat (Monday - Friday, 3 p.m. to midnight Pacific time)
SAMHSA National Helpline for Substance Use and Mental Health
- 800-662-HELP (4357), (also known as the Treatment Referral Routing Service)
- TTY: 800-487-4889
LGBT National Hotline
- Phone: 888-843-4564 (Monday - Friday, 1-9 p.m., Sat 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Pacific time)
- Facebook Page
- Web page
- Guided mindfulness sessions on Wednesdays, noon to12:20 p.m. via Zoom
- Pre-recorded mindfulness meditations for free access
- Self-care tips for building resiliency and supporting well-being
The University of Idaho is a tobacco-free campus and joins more than 1,400 other campuses across the U.S. that are smoke-free. Of those, more than 1,100 are tobacco-free. We are proud to join our peers with this distinction.
Employees enrolled in a university health plan are eligible for free nicotine replacement therapy. Products are covered through the prescription drug plans. Simply obtain a prescription from your healthcare provider and have it filled at any in-network pharmacy. Please provide your CVS Caremark member ID card to your in-network pharmacy.
Tobacco cessation assistance is also available through the Employee Assistance Program by calling 800-999-1077 or online at EAPHelplink.com and use code UI1.
Check out the tobacco cessation brochure, which outlines even more resources available to help you quit tobacco.
- DownDog App
- Local yoga teachers