Staff Job Families
Job families are used to describe different levels of related positions, define advancement opportunities and provide consistent market rate assignments for similar positions. Positions within a job family will have pre-developed job descriptions and additional resources for supervisors to aid in career planning for their employees as well as reduced time spent writing staff job descriptions.
Job families potentially include:
- Research Support (under development)
- Financial (under development)
- Administrative (under development)
- Student Services
- Compliance, Risk and Safety
- Information Technology (under development)
- Business Operations
- Program Support and Outreach
- Facilities Support (under development)
- Marketing, Communications and Events (under development)
Template job descriptions will be developed for each job family position. While portions of the job description may be pre-set, there will be some sections that are adjustable to address position-unique work and qualifications.
Teams are currently working with stakeholder groups to develop the six job families noted above. As each job family is finalized and implemented, it will be published on this website. Human Resources will work with units to identify filled positions that fall within the family then notify supervisors and employees.
For additional information about staff job families, contact the Human Resources Classification and Compensation Specialist.