University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to VandalStar.

Workers' Compensation

Workers’ Compensation is a no-fault insurance that provides medical treatment and partial wage replacement for covered workers whose injuries or illnesses arose out of and in the course of employment.

Detailed information about filing a claim and obtaining follow-up care is available on the EHS Workers' Compensation page.


All employees (including student employees) injured at work have a right to file a workers compensation claim. Volunteer positions are not typically covered by Workers' Compensation, but will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

Reporting an Injury

You will file your claim directly with CorVel, which administers Workers’ Compensation for University of Idaho. Claims should be filed within 48 hours of the event. It is extremely important that you file a claim if you have sought medical attention. Employees are also encouraged to call CorVel after an incident even if medical attention is not necessary at the time of the report.

  • Seek appropriate medical attention. If emergency care is needed, call 911 or use any emergency room.
    • If medical care is sought, inform your provider that you are filing a workers compensation claim so they do not bill your personal insurance.
    • Follow up care must be coordinated through CorVel and the designated providers program.
  • Notify your supervisor of the incident.
  • Report accident/incident to CorVel at 844-213-2099.


In order to receive income benefits, the time lost from work must be authorized by your treating physician. Income benefits are payable if you are disabled from work more than five calendar days. Benefits are payable from the sixth day after disability unless you are hospitalized overnight or disability exceeds 14 days. Under these conditions, benefits are payable from the date of disability.

Physical Address:
415 West 6th Street
Moscow, ID 83844-4332 

Mailing Address:

875 Perimeter Drive MS 4332
Moscow, ID 83844-4332

Summer Hours:
Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Academic Year Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Phone: 208-885-3697

Fax: 208-885-3330