Associate of Science in Forest Nursery Management & Technology
A Sustainable Career
Learn the technologies, management skills and marketing techniques needed to grow trees for North American forests. Gain hands-on experience propagating and caring for plants by working in an active forest nursery near campus. Get hands-on experience at a forest nursery that grows more than 400,000+ seedlings a year for private companies and state and federal agencies. Be prepared to immediately enter the forest nursery industry or pursue a bachelor’s degree.
- Hands-on learning at the Pitkin Forest Nursery, one of the only commercial forest nurseries affiliated with a U.S. university
- Prepare for work in private, state and federal nurseries
- Experts share knowledge about a growing industry
- Contribute to reforestation and restoration efforts
- Gain essential sales and marketing skills