Responsible Use of Forests
Examine forest ecosystems, sustainable forestry, forest management and watersheds in a program that enables you to balance the many demands placed on the nation’s forests as a future professional in this field. Experience hands-on opportunities and gain a solid scientific foundation in the areas of forest concepts, social factors and technical skills.
The B.S. degree in Forestry is accredited by the Society of American Foresters (SAF). SAF is recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation as the specialized accrediting body for forestry in the United States.
- Accredited by the Society of American Foresters for over 75 years
- Field-learning opportunities with access to our experimental forest, forest and native plant nursery, arboretum and labs.
- Student jobs are available at the globally recognized Center for Forest Nursery and Seedling Research.
- Home to the Reveley Geospatial Laboratory for Environmental Dynamics
- Internships in a wide variety of career areas including seedling growth and forest ecology