Master of Natural Resources (M.N.R.)
The Master of Natural Resources (MNR) degree options are interdisciplinary, course-based graduate program designed for current and aspiring professionals who wish to enhance their education credentials for a career in natural resources. The MNR program offers three Options. Explore the Option that best fits your educational and career objectives:
- Integrated Natural Resources
- Fire Ecology & Management
- Environmental Education and Science Communication
The Integrated Natural Resources Option and the Fire Ecology and Management Option are both available via online education or from attending the Moscow campus. The Environmental Education and Science Communication Option (EESC) is a residential program that is only available at the UI McCall Field Campus, home of MOSS.
Through the suite of courses in these program categories and a project, students from diverse academic backgrounds gain the knowledge and skills to better understand and effectively manage natural resources.
- 30 semester credits, non-thesis program designed for working professionals.
- Students may complete the degree in just three semesters.
- Up to 12 applicable credits can be transferred into the program.
- Can be completed entirely online. (except MOSS option)
- Apply year-round.
The EESC residential option at the McCall Field Campus does not charge regular U of I tuition, but instead charges its own self-contained program fee that is the same for Idaho residents and non-residents.
For more information, please email the graduate studies office.