CNR Policies and Plans
The University of Idaho Strategic Action Plan is a road map for the enhanced distinction and strength of our institution. We have successfully developed our own college strategic plan that identifies our distinctions and dovetails with the university's strategic plan. This plan has been officially approved by the faculty and staff and will help guide college decisions and roles.
As part of the approval process, faculty and staff voted which implementation strategies were most critical for our first year. For faculty, Strategies 1 and 18 were deemed most critical and Strategies 1 and 38 for staff members. See a detailed list of implementation strategies and the voting results of the CNR Strategic Plan.
- Strategy 1: Engage college faculty in a thoughtful dialog about curriculum revision to reduce course overlap and low-enrollment courses, while maintaining effective delivery. Address undergraduate and graduate interrelated course offerings and delivery in an integrative manner. Expand the CNR Core curriculum and develop common courses that serve multiple majors.
- Strategy 18: Improve efficiency of internal practices to facilitate growth and development of scholarly activity.
- develop more efficient and helpful procedures for pre- and post-award grant administration, travel administration and human resources.
- build in direct administrative support for large interdisciplinary grants.
- mentor faculty to efficiently administer grants.
- use income from entrepreneurial activity (on-line education, Y-accounts) to grow and develop scholarly activity.
Strategy 38: Continually evaluate existing staff responsibilities and workloads to provide efficient, quality service to our community.
Read the complete College of Natural Resources Strategic Plan.