Department of Forest, Rangeland and Fire Sciences
Ryer is currently working with Dr. Rob Keefe in the Forest Operations Research Lab exploring the integration of real-time GNSS-based and wearable technologies for data collection, transfer and analysis for forest operations logistics and worker safety applications.
- M.S., Natural Resources, University of Idaho, 2017
- B.S., Forest Operations, Paul Smith's College, 2014
- B.S., Ecological Forest Management, Paul Smith's College, 2014
- A.A.S., Forest Technology, Paul Smith's College, 2013
- Becker RM, Keefe RF, Anderson NM. 2017. Use of real-time GNSS-RF data to characterize the swing movements of forestry equipment. Forests. 8(2):44.
Awards & Honors:
- John Mandzak Award - 2018
- SAF Forest Science and Technology Board Student Presentation Award - 2015
- College of Natural Resources Research Poster Competition Winner - 2015
- Forest Operations
- Remote Sensing