- Researchers Find Law Enforcement Use of Military Equipment Program Varies Nationwide
- CLASS Research & Creative Activity Showcase Returns on Oct. 5
- International Agriculture Trade Expert Daryl Brehm to Speak at UI
- Economic Development Summit Tackles Local Governments’ Ability to Innovate
- Michael Kyte Distinguished Lecture Oct. 4
- Call for Presenters - GIS Day
- UI Receives $2.8 Million Grant to Explore Online PreK-12 Teacher Development
- UI Researchers Identify How Climate Has Led to Beetle Outbreaks in Iconic Trees
- Idaho NSF EPSCoR Seeking Faculty and Stakeholder MURI Applications
- Statistical Consulting Center Opens Aug. 30
- UI Theatre Arts Presents Staged Reading: “The Road Through Damascus”
- Read more Research news and features.
From the Vice President:
I am pleased to be writing my first message in the University of Idaho Scholars and Researchers newsletter. September is my first month in my new position as the Vice President for Research and Economic Development, and it has been phenomenal. I have had the opportunity to meet many of our extraordinary faculty, staff, students and alumni, as well as some of our governmental, industry and community partners, and I am looking forward to meeting many more of you. I’m excited for future collaborations that will contribute not only to our success within the walls of our academic community, but also to the region, nation and world.
I am proud to be a part of this land-grant institution that has done such an incredible job of carrying out its responsibilities. The impact of our university’s research has already been recognized nationally, and through continued interdisciplinary partnerships and innovation we will grow and enhance our standing as a world-class research university.
Thank you for giving me this opportunity to serve as your Vice President for Research and Economic Development. I look forward to working with you in support of each and every endeavor that will leave this university better than we found it.
Janet E. Nelson