Animal Care and Use (IACUC)
The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) ensures the humane care and use of animals in teaching and research at the University of Idaho by:
- Reviewing requests to use vertebrate animals in teaching, research, and demonstrations
- Reviewing the UI's animal care program
- Inspecting animal facilities for compliance with animal welfare and occupational health standards
- Providing training to faculty, staff, and students on the humane care and use of vertebrate animals
- Making recommendations to the Vice President for Research and Economic Development regarding the care of experimental animals
- Investigating any concerns raised regarding the care and use of animals within the university
See APM Chapter 45.1 for a detailed description of IACUC functions.
The new Veterinary Drug Order Form is available and must be used to order controlled drugs and other veterinary prescription drugs and supplies. Submit the completed form to the Campus Veterinarian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the new IACUC protocol form (if the form does not open automatically, check the "Downloads" folder on your computer).
If you have any questions or comments about the new form, please email email@example.com or call (208) 885-7258.
All IACUC Submissions must be turned in by the close of business on the First Thursday of the month in order to be considered at that month's meeting.