The University of Idaho is committed to the ethical and compliant care and use of animals in research, teaching and testing. If anyone is aware of potential violations to existing animal care and use regulations or observes misuse or mistreatment of animals, they are strongly encouraged to report their concerns.
Allegations of noncompliance will remain confidential, to the extent permitted by law and as consistent with the need to conduct an adequate investigation of the allegations. The university will take measures to protect from adverse actions or retaliation against any person who, in good faith, makes allegations of noncompliance. For more information, see sections 3170, 3290 and 3810 of the Faculty Staff Handbook.
- To report an animal welfare concern anonymously, call the University of Idaho confidential hotline at 1-800-775-1056.
- To report an animal welfare concern directly, contact any of the following:
- Institutional Official, Vice President for Research
- Campus Veterinarian
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- Director, Research Assurances