Templates, Forms and Guidance
Protocol must be submitted using the online submission system VERAS.
Below are some forms, templates and guidance that may be useful for your human subjects research submission.
- Consent Form Template – Standard (For non-exempt federally-funded protocols)
- Consent Form Template - NIH-Funded Studies
- Consent Form Template – Survey/Interview/Focus Group (For exempt protocols)
- Child Assent Form - Ages 3 to 12
- Teen Assent Form – Ages 13 to 17
- Parent/Guardian/LAR Permission Form
- Additions to Consent for NIH funded research and Clinical Trials
- Additions to Consent for research conducted outside of the United States
HIPAA and Personal Health Information or Human Biological Specimens
Not Human Subjects Research
- Guidance on Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement projects
- Guidance on Course-Related Activities involving human subjects
Data Use Agreements and Material Transfer Agreements
Guidance on Data Use Agreements (DUA) - As members of the Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP) we are committed to using their forms. Please refer to the FDP website for templates and guidance charts on when and how to use the FDP templates. We are willing to use another institutions version of the DUA form if they are not a member of FDP.
IRB Compliance Self-Assessment