From the Vice President:
Last week, the National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA) sent a team of nationally recognized peer reviewers to the university to conduct an in-depth assessment of the Office of Sponsored Programs.
ORED invited the NCURA team to conduct this review in order to help identify where OSP can streamline processes, enhance customer service and reduce administrative burden on researchers preparing proposals. A goal of the university’s Strategic Plan is to produce scholarly and creative work with impact, and reaching this goal will require that systems work efficiently and effectively for both researchers and ORED staff as our expenditures grow.
The team met with OSP staff members, collaborators and stakeholders across campus to understand OSP’s approach to managing externally supported research, teaching and service activities. Thank you to all who participated; I appreciate the time you took to meet with the NCURA team and your input is critical to this process.
The NCURA team provided the ORED leadership team with a high-level overview of their findings and will provide a full report in January. I’m very pleased to say that many of their comments were extremely positive. They also have identified some aspects for us to consider that will help point us in the right direction for continuously improving OSP and ORED services.
Janet E. Nelson
Research and Economic Development
- UI Community Invited to IRIC Ribbon Cutting Jan. 31
- McGuire Selected as UI Idaho Agricultural Experiment Station Director
- Idaho Climate Indicators Website Connects Professionals, Citizens to Needed Science
- Center for Digital Inquiry and Learning Awards First Digital Scholarship Fellowships
- Juliet Carlisle named CAES Energy Policy Institute Affiliate of the Year
- UI Biology Researchers Develop Tool for Identifying New Species
- Women in Engineering Day Challenges Future Vandals to Change the World
- Research Project Finds Energy, Water Savings in Food Processing Plants