B.S. Environmental Soil Science
Soil Conservation and Management
This program provides the interdisciplinary knowledge required to manage crop, forest, rangeland and urban soils for long-term health and sustainability. Explore the fields of soil chemistry, soil physics, microbial ecology, bioremediation, soil genesis and classification and soil fertility/plant nutrition. Gain hands-on experience by working in laboratories, greenhouses and on research farms. Work towards becoming a professional, certified soil scientist.
- We host the largest collection of soil monoliths in the Western U.S.
- Access plant science farms and computer-controlled greenhouses
- Collect soil samples in the field
- Do your own independent study
- Intern with the Natural Resources Conservation Service