B.S. Animal & Veterinary Science: Science & Pre-Vet
Future Veterinarians, Start Here
Take your first steps toward a veterinary career in a program that fulfills the undergraduate academic requirements for admission into a doctor of veterinary medicine (D.V.M.) program. Immerse yourself in the study of animal sciences and enjoy hands-on experiences in on-campus labs and animal centers.
- Beef center with over 50 purebred cows
- Dairy center with over 100 milking cows
- Sheep center with over 100 breeding ewes
- Access to reproductive physiology, nutrition, genomics and biotech labs
- Ranked as a top 15 best affordable veterinary studies degree program
Investigating effects of maternal stress during lactation.
Improving Research Protocols
AVFS student helps develop new genotyping procedure.
Wildfire Smoke Impact
AVFS study investigates smoke impact on dairy cattle.