As a student in the College of Law, you'll have numerous opportunities to apply classroom knowledge to real legal situations. This valuable practical experience will give you an excellent head start in your legal career.
Build your Practical Skills
- Clinics: Advise clients in our Immigration Litigation & Appellate Clinic, Entrepreneurship Law Clinic, Main Street Law Clinic, Housing Clinic, or Family Justice Clinic.
- Externships: Work for public agencies, nonprofit organizations, or state and federal judges while earning credit.
- Semester in Practice: Third-year students work in approved agencies and nonprofits in Boise, Idaho.
- Pro Bono Program: Provide at least 50 hours of required law-related service.
- Competitions: Hone your skills through legal writing competitions and courtroom competitions.
- Magistrate Judge Research Assistance: Assist judges with research and writing projects.
- Legislative Research Assistance Program: Assist Idaho’s legislators with research and writing projects during the legislative session.