Open Educational Resources
Open Educational Resources (OER) for Civics and Government Teachers
Guidelines and Criteria for Submitting Lessons to the Institute’s Online Repository
Institute attendees are invited to create and submit lessons that may be posted to an online repository hosted by the University of Idaho. This opportunity is separate and different from the Institute’s optional, university credit offering. Teachers who wish to submit a lesson must adhere to the guidelines below.
- All lessons must be the work of the teacher who submits the lesson.
- The lesson must incorporate/address themes or topics covered by or directly related to the Institute’s content.
- Any materials used in the lesson (e.g., readings, videos, graphics) must be free for unrestricted, classroom use.
- The lesson must include source citations and attributions for materials not authored by the teacher who submits the lesson.
- Teachers may format the lesson to accommodate a preferred style but all the elements of the template outline should be included and obvious to the reader and the peer review team.
- Teachers must attest to their authorship of the lesson, grant permission for its free use, and permit editing of the lesson by the peer review team.