Career Development Office Policy of Reciprocity
We offer reciprocity to law students and alumni from other institutions as follows:
- Reciprocal career services will be available to other ABA-accredited law schools that agree to provide the same services to students and graduates of the University of Idaho College of Law. Reciprocal services will not exceed those offered by the individual’s home career services office.
- Individual requests for reciprocity services must be made in writing (email is acceptable) by the career services office of the law school the requestor attends/attended and must include the name of the person seeking reciprocity, email address, and year in school.
- Services may be provided to students or graduates of other law schools during the fall on-campus interview season, August 10 through November 30. Please allow for a longer response time from our office during this time, however.
- Reciprocity is available for three months from the date the request is approved (six months for NW Consortium students). Access includes our online job posting site.
- Reciprocity services are not available for on-campus interviewing, resume review, resume forwarding, or participation in career fairs and workshops. Reference materials in the Resource Library are not available for check out.
- Individuals who are granted reciprocity services must schedule an appointment with the Career Development Office prior to any visits.
- The University of Idaho College of Law Career Development Office concentrates primarily on first placement for new graduates. Limited resources are available to assist alumni or individuals making mid-career changes in employment.
The Career Development Office reserves the right to deny reciprocity to individuals who misuse the facilities or do not comply with College and University policies. Requests for reciprocity should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org