|Loan Period||Renewals||Special Notes|
|6 weeks||Upon request||After a two-week loan period, books can be recalled for use by others.|
|Faculty, Staff & Graduate Students||120 days||Upon request|
Type of Material
|Reserve Books||3 hours||No||Holds not allowed; books can be rechecked out if no one is waiting.|
|Magazines & Journals||Library Use Only||No|
|Microfiche||Library Use Only||No|
|Reference & Clagett||Library Use Only||No|
Type of Material
|Summit Books||6 weeks||No|
|Summit DVDs & CDs||6 days||No|
||6 weeks (average)||Upon request||Due dates & renewals vary as set by lending institution|
|ILL DVDs & CDs||2 weeks (average)||Upon request||Due dates & renewals vary as set by lending institution|
Fines are $0.30 a day up to a maximum of $10.50 per item. Lost items have a charge of $50.00 for the item and a $20.00 processing fee. Fines for recalled books are $2.00 per day up to a maximum of $20.00.
Fines for reserve materials are $2 per hour or partial hour for overdue items, maximum $20.00. There are no fines for electronic reserve materials.
You can renew items online through your library account.
- Go to the library's catalog
- Click "Sign in" in the top right corner of the window, select "University of Idaho Students, Faculty, and Staff" (or "Registered Guest Patrons" if you're a guest patron) and use your credentials to log in to your library account
- Click on your name in the top right corner of the window and select "My Loans"
- Hit "Renew" next to the item you'd like to renew, or select "Renew All"
- If successful, a message giving the new due date should appear
You can also renew items by phone at 208-885-6521 or by visiting the Circulation Desk.