Graduate Certificate in Natural Resources and Environmental Law
The graduate certificate in Natural Resources and Environmental Law is designed for graduate students who plan to work in the regulatory capacity of this field. Managers, scientists, ranchers or foresters often perform compliance activities without knowledge of the legal regimes that regulate their activities. This certificate will introduce Natural Resource graduate students to that legal framework better preparing them to work in their fields.
Students will take a total of 12 credits of coursework from the law curriculum as designated below:
- Administrative Law—Law 907 (3 credits)
- Water Law I—Law 942 (1 credit)
- Environmental Law—Law 947 (3 credits)
- Introduction to Natural Resources Law—Law 948 (3 credits)
- Water Law II—Law 969 (2 credits)