ACE Civics Contest 2021
Civics Competition Rules and Instructions
The United States Constitution protects numerous individual rights.
- Identify and describe three of those rights and explain where each of them can be found in the Constitution.
- Identify and describe an individual responsibility that comes with each right and explain why.
- Open to Idaho students in grades 6, 7, and 8.
- Students may submit either:
- a written essay of up to 500 words, essays must be in PDF format; or
- a video of up to 5 minutes, videos must be submitted via unlisted YouTube link.
- Two winners will be selected from each category.
- Each winning student will receive a $250 cash prize.
- Each school attended by a winning student will receive a $500 cash prize for each winning submission, to be used for civic education.
- In addition, each meritorious submission will receive a letter of recognition from ACE.
- Submit your essay or video at: https://www.uidaho.edu/law/outreach/ace-civics/submissions.
- Submissions must be received by 9 p.m. MT/ 8 p.m. PST on October 18, 2021.
- All submissions must be anonymous. Do not include any information in the body of the essay or video that identifies the student, school, grade, or school district. Identifying information will be gathered through the submission portal but will not be shared with the judging panel.
- Winners will be announced mid-November via email.
- By entering this contest you affirm that the essay and/or video and its contents are your own work. Plagiarism is not allowed. Limited use of quoted or other audio material may only be made with proper attribution and in conformance with the fair use copyright doctrine.
- The winning essays will be published in the The Advocate, the official publication of the Idaho State Bar.
- The winning videos will be published on the Idaho State Bar website.
- The winning essays and videos will also be posted on ACE’s website and publicized on our social media outlets.
- The winners will receive recognition from the three branches of Idaho’s state government.
- For technical help please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For all other help please contact email@example.com.