M.S. and Ph.D. Soil & Land Resources
Dig Into Soil Ecosystems
Pursue your degree by digging deep into the field of soil science. Develop valuable expertise about the soil ecosystem and address soil issues related to sustainable agriculture and the environment while conducting lab-based experiments in a program where much of your learning will occur in independent research for your thesis or dissertation.
- Our collection of more than 240 soil monoliths is the largest in the Western U.S.
- Conduct a wide variety of soil analysis in our Soil Sciences Laboratory
- Work with our scientists who have unlocked secrets of Brassica plants
- Work on cutting-edge research projects funded through the USDA, NSF, DOE, NASA and other agencies
- Participate in interdisciplinary programs such as Environmental Science and Waters of the West