Apparel, Textiles and Design, B.S.
Producing the Future of Apparel
Clothing is a fundamental human need and today’s garments are made and sold using new technologies and global strategies. The apparel industry is a fast-paced and highly competitive business. It controls billions of dollars of consumer spending globally and is one of the largest employment sectors. Job opportunities range from research, product design and development, buying, sourcing, and manufacturing to merchandising, marketing, branding, and the promotion of retail products and services. Our program is grounded in a product development model that will prepare you for a wide range of career opportunities.
- One student to one piece of equipment means that you will have continued access to equipment during class
- Sewing machines, 3D printers, laser cutters, looms and embroidery machines onsite
- Access to the Leila Old Historic Costume Collection, with more than 8,000 pieces
- Opportunities to study abroad in fashion capitals like London, UK, or Florence, Italy
- Expand your problem-solving skills through internships and undergraduate research projects
- Join the ATD Club and engage in workshops and field trips