B.S. Sustainable Food Systems
Be a part of the solution
Explore how to produce food while conserving natural resources such as soil and water. Learn about new production practices, understand how policy influences the availability of food, sustainable production, food chemistry and safety. You’ll have access to a 4 acre, organically managed student farm close to campus. Apply the knowledge you learn in the classroom to the production of food for the local community.
- Produce, market, sell and distribute food from the Soil Stewards Farm
- Complete an internship to learn about your role as a food system professional
- Learn about sustainable farming practices
- Gain hands-on experience at on-campus plant science farms and greenhouses
- Conduct an undergraduate research project
Born to Farm
CALS student prepares for career in sustainable food systems.