Textiles Base Camp 5
FCS Teacher Apparel and Textiles Professional Development Workshop
The University of Idaho’s Apparel, Textiles and Design program is once again offering our summer workshop series: Textiles Base Camp. The camp will be offered on June 15-17, 2022.
All workshops will be conducted in-person but on Thursday, June 16, the workshops will be delivered in-person and synchronously through Zoom. For those who wish to only attend through Zoom, we will have a separate registration for that day and send out kits containing workshop supplies in advance.
Pricing for Textiles Base Camp 2022
Through May 8 | Early Bird No Housing $330 | Early Bird with Housing $451 | Early Bird Online (1 day) $120
After May 8 | Last Minute No Housing $430 | Last Minute with Housing $551 | Last Minute Online (1 day) $220
Registration will close on May 31. No refunds will be given after May 31.
Questions? Email Lori Wahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 14 — Campers arrive
June 15 — In person workshops
- Breakfast included
- Slouchy Beanie Knit Workshop — Learn to knit using only the knit stitch on circular knitting needles. Participants will learn to cast on, knit and reduce stitches for shaping as they create a chunky, hipster beanie.
- Lunch included
- Sewing a Zipper Pouch — In this workshop, participants will learn how to construct a lined zipper bag with boxed corners from start to finish using sewing machines. We will focus on fabric selection, accurate cutting techniques, zipper application and the order of operations/method in which the product is constructed.
June 16 — Hybrid workshops (in person & via Zoom)
- Padlet Concept & Color Board Building — Designers visually communicate concept and color ideas through image boards. Using free online resources, we will build an apparel-oriented concept mood board and color mood board. Participants will also learn about other free online apparel and fashion design resources.
- Lunch included
- Tapestry Weaving — Woven textiles use a variety of structures and processes that produce wildly different fabrics. Participants will learn several weaving techniques and will have the opportunity to use tapestry and found item looms.
June 17 — In person only
- Tour of NRS — https://www.nrs.com
Two credits of Professional Development (PD) will be available for those attending in person only and will be a combination of workshop participation, outside readings and written work. Registration for PD credits and instructions for completion will be provided on the first day of each camp.