Human Development and Family Studies, B.S.
Serving Others, Shaping Lives
Explore family and relationship dynamics across the lifespan and learn how to help teens, adults, couples, families and older adults lead better, more fulfilling lives. In this program, students will explore patterns of individual development and family functioning, including how contextual factors influence social-emotional, physical and cognitive development and behavior.
- Prepare for an advanced degree in individual, couples or family counseling
- Explore minors in aging, women, gender and sexuality studies, communication and community engagement
- Participate in an undergraduate research project to expand your knowledge
- Join student clubs, participate in events and network with potential employers
- Intern at a hospital, senior center or family services agency
A Unique Perspective
FCS student prepares for career as child life specialist.