The FCS Alumni Board advises the FCS director and faculty on ways to involve alumni in university activities.
Explore the alumni topics below for more information.
The FCS Alumni Board organizes the annual FCS Alumni Brunch held in Moscow each year. At the brunch, the Distinguished Alumni and Honorary Alumni awards are presented and their names are engraved on a plaque in the Niccolls building.
To nominate an FCS Alumni for these awards, please fill out the Nomination Form for Distinguished or Honorary Alumni.
Criteria for Distinguished Alumni:
- Have a bachelor's or master's or M.S. in Family and Consumer Sciences (or formerly Home Economics) from the University of Idaho
- Have made a significant contribution to family and consumer sciences through professional employment, volunteer activities or community involvement
- Live up to the ideals of the family and consumer sciences profession
- Promote activities and organizations that enable individuals and families to function with confidence and competence
Criteria for Honorary Alumni is identical, except a degree or attendance at the UI is not required.
Notify the University of Idaho Alumni Office of your address change so you can promptly receive newsletters and announcements without delay.
The Margaret Ritchie Distinguished Speaker Seminar brings an outstanding authority in a Family and Consumer Sciences area to campus.
Margaret Ritchie Distinguished Speakers:
- Stimulate public interest
- Promote the field of Family and Consumer Sciences
- Provide the opportunity for student and faculty interaction with FCS leaders
- Honor Margaret Ritchie’s contributions to the FCS and to the University of Idaho
For more information, please contact FCS at 208-885-6546 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alumni and faculty emeriti volunteer their time to manage and exhibit the Leila Old Historic Costume Collection, named for Leila Old, clothing and textiles faculty emeritus.
Exhibits are rotated regularly in the school's display windows for campus and community viewing. Special exhibits are prepared for campus celebrations, such as alumni gatherings, each year.