Designing a Custom Program
A typical Needs Assessment is conducted over a two-day period at a time convenient to the client organization. The assessment team interviews client personnel regarding the following issues:
- What are the most important goals to achieve in a new custom-designed education program?
- Who is the specific target audience?
- What specific topics should be addressed? (A sample of potential topics is provided for initial consideration. Others are included as they emerge from the interviews.)
- Identify preliminary faculty from our network of industry and academic leaders.
- How should the program be organized?
- What is an appropriate program length?
- Will more than one session be necessary?
- What times of year are best?
- Where is the best location to conduct a program?
- How should the program be structured to best maximize results?
- What learning formats are most effective for your organization?
This determines potential sites, classroom technology resources, food service options, and other resources required for a successful program. The site visit for the Needs Assessment may also be used to conduct the Logistics Assessment.
Report of Findings
This summarizes the key results from the Needs Assessment interviews and offers a general framework for a new development effort based on these findings. The Report of Findings serves as a basis for the Detailed Program Proposal.
Detailed Program Proposal
The detailed program proposal includes design features and program philosophy, program mission and objectives, potential participants, and a suggested schedule. It proposes program topics, describes course modules, identifies target learning objectives to be achieved, and lists the most suitable instructors and their credentials. It also discusses program evaluation through our Measured Learning Results assessment tool, follow-up options, and curriculum review. In addition, the Detailed Program Proposal also identifies a program budget, supporting materials, and logistics including program site options.
Launching Your Custom-Designed Program
The Executive Education Program will work closely with your organization to form a successful partnership to achieve your strategic goals. Whether your custom-designed program needs involve a small sector of an industry or require a comprehensive overview of an industry, the University of Idaho has the tools and expertise to deliver your program successfully.