"Thanks to the U of I PGA Program, I was able to acquire an amazing internship at TPC Sawgrass. My internship there kick-started my career as a PGA Professional and as the Tournament Director at TPC Sawgrass." Baylor Comstock, graduate.
All PGA students prepare for their careers with 16 months of paid internship experience prior to graduation. Internships can be completed in various settings, from golf courses to corporate golf organizations, and often include benefits such as meals, housing, uniforms, and playing privileges.
Most internships are over the summer, but students can adjust their schedule to complete a spring/summer or summer/fall internship.
Recent Internship Sites
- Pebble Beach – Monterey, California
- Chambers Bay (During the U.S. Open) – Tacoma, Washington
- TPC Sawgrass – Ponte Vedra, Florida
- Bandon Dunes – Bandon, Oregon
- The Golf Channel – Orlando, Florida
- PGA Headquarters – West Palm Beach, Florida
- TaylorMade Golf Headquarters – Carlsbad, California
- Moonlight Basin - Big Sky, Montana
- Martis Camp – Tahoe, California
Luke Nickodemus, our internship coordinator, is here to help you get an internship at the best location for your desired career path, whether you aim to be a head golf professional or pursue a corporate career at a company like TaylorMade. Luke offers assistance in the following areas:
- Practice interviews
- Career planning