Value and excellence in education intersect at the College of Business and Economics (CBE). U of I is the #1 Best Value School in the West for the second year in a row and CBE is among the Top 5% of business schools worldwide.
You'll find excellence in CBE's classes, faculty, hands-on learning opportunities and alumni network:
- CBE offers eight majors, but don't worry if you're not sure which one is right for you. In your first few semesters we'll introduce you to all areas of business, so you can discover your degree and graduate on time.
- CBE's classes use an integrated approach that reflects the way industry operates. In the real world each area of business is connected to the others, so you'll explore how your major relates to the other business disciplines in practice.
- CBE faculty–never graduate students–teach our business courses and take pride in being available without appointments. CBE's culture inspires organic, everyday connections between you and your faculty both inside and outside the classroom.
- Vandal Student Enterprises are your chance to do business before graduating. You'll apply classroom lessons to CBE's businesses and get real world experience to speak to during interviews and put on your resume at graduation.
- You'll start networking with peers and guest speakers your first semester, and hands-on learning opportunities will connect you with industry leaders throughout your degree. Additionally, our faculty have connections to CBE graduates and across the world of business. The network you build at CBE will launch your career at graduation.
Take the next step!
Customize your education with eight degrees and multiple certificates.