Beta Alpha Psi
Beta Alpha Psi (BAP) is an honorary organization for financial information students and professionals. If you're ready to grow personally and professionally, develop your leadership skills, support your community and make lasting friends along the way, please join us!
Founded in 1919, BAP has over 300 university chapters. The U of I chapter is Iota Gamma.
Why Beta Alpha Psi?
The purpose of Beta Alpha Psi is to encourage and provide recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the business information field. This includes:
- Promoting the study and practice of accounting, finance and management information systems.
- Encouraging a sense of ethical, social and public responsibility.
- Giving opportunities for self-development and service among members and practicing professionals.
- Cultivating an environment to develop friendships among students and peers.
Join us to:
- Network with students and professionals in accounting, finance and information systems.
- Gain professional experience through projects that impact your community.
- Develop your leadership skills.
- Develop professional skills to further your career.
We offer opportunities including accounting lab tutoring, leadership roles, mentoring, and networking with executives in firms working in various financial industries.
We hold weekly meetings every other Thursday at 6 p.m. in J.A. Albertson 102.