Vision, Mission and Values
To be a leader in integrated business education through innovative and hands-on learning experiences that prepare our students for opportunities and challenges of a globally competitive world. We will be responsive to the changing needs of our stakeholders.
We provide a collaborative learning environment that prepares our students to be responsible leaders, managers, entrepreneurs and professionals. We prepare our students to succeed and to practice excellent principles of citizenship. As a land-grant university we have a primary responsibility to serve the citizens of Idaho. We also recruit students regionally, and attract students from other states and countries.
We accomplish this mission by
- Deliver a high quality, team-based undergraduate curriculum that integrates accounting, economics and business disciplines.
- Deliver and support focused graduate and outreach programs that build on our skills within the college and meet the needs of our stakeholders.
- Provide hands-on learning opportunities for our students.
- Engage in research that makes meaningful contributions to management practice and business education.
- Share our business expertise in support of our state, our professions and the academic community.
We value PEOPLE
We value Partnerships. We strive to collaborate with other individuals and organizations that can help us create powerful experiences for ourselves and for our students.
We value Engagement. We strive to have students, faculty, staff, alumni and business partners who feel meaningfully connected to our mission and to the role they play in achieving it.
We value Openness, respect and mutual understanding. We strive to create a friendly culture and to appreciate those aspects which make each individual different and unique.
We value Personal integrity. We strive to act honestly and responsibly in all our endeavors and to expect the same from our students and others with whom we interact.
We value Laughter, camaraderie and a positive attitude. We strive to keep our perspective on what is important in life and to find joy in what we are able to achieve as a college.
We value Excellence. We strive to do the things that matter most — to learn, to create and to have impact — and to do these things exceptionally well.