Welcome to the College of Business and Economics. Congratulations on your admittance; we look forward to having you join us.
Academic advising is more than getting registered for classes. Successful advising requires a responsible combined effort between the student and the advisor. We are here to teach and empower you to succeed.
- Print off a blank registration worksheet (PDF). This worksheet will be used to complete steps 2-4.
- If you plan to graduate in four years (without attending summer school) you need an average of 15 credits per semester.
- You must register for Math and English courses first semester for sequential purposes.
Notify us if:
- You are currently taking or have taken dual credit/dual enrollment courses, AP or IB credits (must have taken final tests), or college coursework of any kind.
- You have SAT/ACT or placement test scores that have not been sent to U of I.
- You are an incoming NCAA Student Athlete.
- You are admitted to the U of I Honors Program.
- Math and English courses are based on SAT/ACT test scores.
- Refer to the math placement chart and English placement chart. These websites provide information on challenging your test score placement.
- Business Math sequence: Math 108, Math 143 (required for all CBE majors), Math 160 or 170 (Finance and Marketing-Analytics majors only)
- English sequence: English 101 & 109 or English 101, English 102
Please note Math 123 and Math 130 DO NOT count towards the Business sequence.
Add the selected courses to your registration worksheet.
- BUS 190, Integrated Business & Value Creation (3cr)
- COMM 101, Fundamentals of Public Speaking (2cr)
- PGA 103, Introduction to PGA Golf Management (2cr, PGA students only).
Natural Science (Scientific ways of knowing). Please choose one. Both lecture and lab must be completed to satisfy general education requirement.
- BIOL 102/102L (lab), Biology and Society (4 cr)
- CHEM 101/101L (lab), Introduction to Chemistry (4 cr)
- ENVS 101/102L (lab), Intro Environmental Science and Lab (4 cr)
- GEOG 100/100L (lab), Physical Geography (4 cr)
- GEOL 101/101L (lab), Physical Geology (4 cr)
- GEOL 102/102L (lab), Historical Geology (4 cr)
- CORS Core Integrated Science (3 cr)
- PHYS 100/100L (lab), Fundamentals of Physics (4 cr)
- PHYS 103/104 (lab), General Astronomy (4 cr)
- Additional options can be found in your Degree Audit.
Free electives. 1 to 3 credits, optional
- PEB activity course
- Foreign language
- Additional course of interest
- Student Athletes have additional elective credits available
- To have your advising hold removed, email your selected courses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After your first semester, you will be required to meet with your academic advisor in person prior to registration.
- Degree Audit: Your Degree Audit can be found in VandalWeb. It is a tool that allows you and your advisor to check your degree progress at any time. This is also a good location to check on prerequisite requirements, general education course options, and graduation requirements.
- Registration Status: Your registration status depends on your class standing and number of credits. You can view your registration day and time under the registration tab of VandalWeb.
- Finding your Advisor: If you are no longer assigned to the Advising Suite and have a faculty advisor assigned (usually juniors and seniors), this person can be found designated at the top of your Degree Audit.
- Waitlist Information: If a class is full and has a waitlist option available, be sure you understand how the waitlist process works.