Academic advising is more than getting registered for classes. Successful advising requires a responsible combined effort between the student and the advisor. We are here to teach and empower you to "own your graduation path." Each semester you must meet with your academic advisor in person before your advisor hold can be removed. Your course selection will be reviewed and discussed at your advising appointment.
Print the registration worksheet (PDF). You will draft a two semester plan by following step 2.
You will use the example four year plan and VandalWeb's degree audit to draft in pencil a two semester class plan on your registration worksheet (PDF). Degree Audit provides a list of general education course options and course prerequisite information. To learn more about prerequisites click on any course in Degree Audit with an asterisk.
Create your class list by selecting classes you have not taken yet.
- Freshman — Complete all courses listed Freshmen year before selecting Sophomore classes.
- Sophomores — Complete all courses listed Freshmen and Sophomore year before selecting Junior year classes.
- Add — A summer plan if applicable.
This draft will be reviewed during your advising appointment. If you arrive without your draft of courses your appointment will be rescheduled.
After your draft is complete call 208-885-7141 or drop into our office (J.A. Albertson Building, Room 306) to schedule your advising appointment. During this busy time we are unable to respond to email or voicemail appointment requests.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I register? Follow online instructions to register for classes or view schedule planner video.
- What is Degree Audit and how do I access it? Through VandalWeb, it allows students and their advisors to check their degree progress at any time. Students can access their degree audit by selecting Degree Audit & Transcripts under the Students tab.
- When do I register? View your "registration status" under the registration tab of VandalWeb.