Child Development Laboratory
The University of Idaho Child Development Laboratory serves 3 to 5-year-old children and provides a research and learning setting for U of I students and faculty.
Our mission is to provide a high quality, developmentally appropriate program for young children and their families. Staff members plan and carry out activities that encourage children's growth and development.
Please view the topics below for more information:
The Child Development Laboratory is accredited by the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs, a division of the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
NAEYC Academy for Early Childhood Program Accreditation sets and monitors standards for high quality programs for young children and accredits programs that meet these standards — the mark of quality in early childhood education.
- The Child Development Lab enrolls children who are 3-5 years old.
- Enrollment offers are extended to student families first, then staff and faculty, then community members.
The Child Development Lab has one morning preschool classroom, Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. through the academic year.
- A $100 non-refundable enrollment fee is required when families accept an enrollment spot for their child for the Child Development Lab.
- Tuition is billed monthly. Non-student monthly tuition is $497. Student monthly tuition is $403. In order to be charged student rate, at least one parent must be enrolled as a full time student at the University of Idaho and proof of enrollment each semester must be submitted.
- An enrollment deposit charge will be billed to each family account that is equal to one month’s tuition. This deposit is credited back to your account when you provide a 30 day notice that your child will be withdrawing from the Child Development Lab. The deposit charge can be made in partial payments over the first three months of enrollment.
The Child Development Lab is fully enrolled for spring 2022. We are accepting applications for fall 2022.
- If you would like to enroll your child at the Child Development Lab, please complete the online waitlist form.
- If you like to setup a tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time.
- Justin Storjham, Lead Teacher, email@example.com
- Megan Robison, UICC and CDL Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Megan Dixon, UICC and CDL Program Supervisor, email@example.com