Assistant Professor & Extension Specialist
Niccolls Building, Room 108B
School of Family and Consumer Sciences
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3183
Moscow, ID 83844-3183
The aim of my work is to ensure optimal growth and development of infants and toddlers through nutrition.
Ph.D., University of Kansas Medical Center, 2022
M.S., University of Wyoming, 2019
B.S., University of Northern Colorado, 2015
- Serwatka C, Griebel-Thompson AK, Eiden RD, Kong KK. (2023). Nutrient supplementation during the prenatal period in substance-using mothers: Effects of dosing and timing on offspring development. Nutrients, 15, (13). DOI: 10.3390.nu15132990.
- Griebel-Thompson AK, Sands S, Chollet-Hinton L, Christifano D, Sullivan D, Hull H, Teruel Camargo, J. Carlson SE. (2023). Iodine intake from diet and supplements and urinary iodine concentration in a cohort of pregnant women in the United States. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 118, (1), DOI: 10.1016/j.ajcnut.2023.04.005.
- Griebel-Thompson AK, Sands S, Chollet-Hinton L, Christifano D, Sullivan D, Hull H, Carlson SE. (2023). A scoping review of iodine and fluoride in pregnancy in relation to maternal thyroid function and offspring neurodevelopment. Advances in Nutrition, 14, (2). DOI: 10.1016/j.advnut.2023.01.003.
- Griebel-Thompson, AK, Murray A, Morris KS, Paluch RA, Jacobson L, Kong KL. (2022). The association between maternal sugar-sweetened beverage consumption and infant/toddler added sugar intakes. Nutrients, 14, (20). DOI: 10.3390/nu14204359.
Adrianne Griebel-Thompson completed her bachelor’s of dietetics (2015) and dietetics internship (2016) at the University of Northern Colorado (2015), a master’s degree of food science and human nutrition at the University of Wyoming (2019), and a doctorate of medical nutrition sciences at the University of Kansas Medical Center (2022). Her postdoctoral research training was completed at Children’s Mercy Hospital Kansas City. Adrianne is interested in nutrition during pregnancy, lactation and infancy/toddlerhood. She is also interested in human milk micronutrient composition. Please email Adrianne to inquire about graduate student opportunities.
- Outstanding Trainee Abstract US DOHaD Society, 2022
- John P. Ellbogen Outstanding Graduate Assistant Teaching Award, 2019
- Outstanding Graduate Student, 2018