Research and Extension
The Department of Entomology, Plant Pathology and Nematology is active in basic, applied and interdisciplinary research and delivers UI Extension programming.
- Explore our Aphid Tracker resources, created as part of the Legume Virus Project.
- University of Idaho Extension providing an insect identification service to help you identify insects, arachnids or other arthropods throughout Idaho.
- Learn about pest management, research, extension and educational programs.
- The University of Idaho is leading a national project to eradicate the pale cyst nematode, a serious invasive pest of potato.
- We have state of the art labs offering a range of diagnostic tests from culturing to molecular diagnostics.
- The University of Idaho collaborates with many partners to monitor potato psyllids in Idaho.
- Explore our collection of bulletins, field guides and other publications.
- Learn more about this museum that houses over one million mounted specimens.