Studying the Insects of Earth
Insects account for more than half of all animal species on Earth, and you will study the role insects play in crop production and landscapes. Study pollination, disease transmission, pest management and all areas of entomology while applying what you learn in the field or in a laboratory.
- See more than 1 million insect specimens at the William F. Barr Entomological Museum
- Access plant science farms and computer-controlled greenhouses
- Participate in a departmental research project
- Intern with USDA or U.S. Forest Service
- Observe insects in their native habitats and collect samples