Ph.D. Food Science
Exploring What We Eat
A doctorate gives graduates the professional and leadership skills to succeed in food and allied industries, government or academia. Students interact with faculty at both the University of Idaho and Washington State University, allowing for a more diverse education and access to research facilities at both institutions.
- Work for universities, the FDA or USDA, and with major food manufacturers
- Apply for research or teaching assistantships
- Lead research projects and publish your findings
- Collaborate through grant-funded research projects
- Get hands-on experience through cooperative teaching and research facilities