Ph.D., University of Connecticut, 2006
M.S., Tehran, Iran, 1995
B.S., Tehran, Iran, 1991
- Interactions between nutrient metabolism and inflammation
- Mastitis, retinol-binding protein (RBP), lipids and inflammatory mediators
- Lactation and milk synthesis
- Biology of transition cows
- Calf nutrition and health
- Agustinho, B. C., K. C. Ramsey, C. E. Moore, C. Y. Tsai, C. M. Scholte 1, M. A. McGuire, and P. Rezamand*. 2021. Effect of Different Combinations of Dietary Vitamin A, Protein Levels, and Monensin on Inflammatory Markers and Metabolites, Retinol-Binding Protein, and Retinoid Status in Periparturient Dairy Cows. Animals: 11, 2605. https://doi.org/10.3390/ani11092605.
- Corpron, M., A. Ahmadzadeh, P. Rezamand, and Q. Huo. 2021. Relationship between beef cow fertility and maternal immunity. Applied Animal Science. 37:733-737
- Laarman, A. H., J. Watts, and F. Foroudi, and P. Rezamand*. 2021. Effects of Dietary Protein and Vitamin A on Retinoids and Retinol Binding Protein in Periparturient Rats. Submitted (2020) to Int. J. Vitamins and Metabolism: 1–7
- Tsai, C. Y. R. Hassan, H. C. Hung, T. Weber, W. J. Price, P. Rezamand*, and Q. Huo. 2020. A Rapid Blood Test to Monitor the Immune Status Change of Dairy Cows and to Evaluate their Disease Risk during the Periparturient Period. Sensors International. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022029920000941
- Tsai, C. Y., F. Rosa, M. Bionaz, and P. Rezamand*. 2020. Effects of 2,4-thiazolidinedione (TZD) on milk fatty acid profile and serum vitamins in dairy goats challenged with intramammary infusion of Streptococcus uberis. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022029920000941
- Dolatkhah, B., G. R. Ghorbani, M. Alikhani, F. Hashemzadeh, A. H. Mahdavi, A. Sadeghi-Sefidmazgi, H. Erfani, and P. Rezamand*. 2020. Effects of hydrolyzed cottonseed protein supplementation on performance, blood metabolites, gastrointestinal development, and intestinal microbial colonization in neonatal calves. J. Dairy Sci 103: 5102-5117.
- Akhlaghi , B., G. R. Ghorbani, M. Alikhani , S. Kargar , A. Sadeghi-Sefidmazgi , H. Rafiee-Yarandi, and P. Rezamand. 2019. Effect of production level and source of fat supplement on performance, nutrient digestibility and blood parameters of heat-stressed multiparous Holstein cows. J Animal Sci Technol 61:313-323
- Rafiee-Yarandi, H., M. Alikhani, G.R. Ghorbani, and P. Rezamand*. 2019. Effects of dietary protein level and corn processing method on feeding behavior in lactating Holstein cows. J Livestock Science, 221: 19-27.
- Hosseini, S. H., H. Mirzaei-Alamouti, M. Vazirigohar, E. Mahjoubi, and P. Rezamand*. 2019. Effects of milk feeding procedures and straw levels on growth performance, blood metabolites, structural growth and feeding behavior of Holstein dairy calves. J Animal Feeds Science & Tech: 255; 114238.
- Rafiee-Yarandi, H., M. Alikhani, G.R. Ghorbani, M. Heydari, and P. Rezamand*. 2019. Dietary protein level and corn processing method: Lactation performance, milk fatty acid composition, rumen and blood parameters of lactation dairy cows. J Livestock Science, 221:95-104.
- Tsai, C.Y, P. Rezamand*, W. Louks, C. M. Scholte and M.E. Doumit. 2017. The Effect of dietary fat on fatty acid composition, gene expression and vitamin status in pre-ruminant calves. J Animal Feed Science & Technology 229: 32- 42.
- Scholte, C.M., P. Rezamand*, Z. M. Amiri, K.C. Ramsey, C. Tsai, and M.A. McGuire. 2017. The effects of elevated subcutaneous fat stores on fatty acid composition and gene expression of pro-inflammatory markers in periparturient dairy cows. J Dairy Sci 100:2104-2118.
- Chilson, J. M., P. Rezamand*, M. E. Drewnoski, W. Price, and C. W. Hunt. 2016. Effect of homofermentative lactic acid bacteria and exogenous hydrolytic enzymes on the ensiling characteristics and rumen degradability of alfalfa, corn silages and cool season mixed grass haylage. Professional Animal Science 32:598-604.
- Moeinoddini, H. R., M. Alikhani, F. Ahmadi, G. R. Ghorbani, and P. Rezamand*. 2016. Partial replacement of triticale for corn grain in starter diet and its effects on performance of Holstein dairy calves. Animal 11: 61-67 (doi: 10.1017/S1751731116001233).
- Rezamand*, P., B. P. Hatch, K. G. Carnahan, and M. A. McGuire. 2016. Effects of α-linolenic acid-enriched diets on gene expression of key inflammatory mediators in immune and milk cells obtained from Holstein dairy cows. J. Dairy Res. 83: 20–27.
- University of Idaho student club advisor, 2020-2021
- Teaching Award (AVS Dept.) and CALS Teaching Excellence Award nomination, 2013-14; 2015-16; 2016-17; 2017-18
- University of Connecticut Animal Science Graduate Student Award, 2005-2006
- Ph.D. Dissertation fellowship, Whetten Graduate Center, University of Connecticut, 2005
- Developing Countries’ Young Scientists Award; World Poultry Congress, Montreal, Canada, 2000