Ag Science, Room 219
Animal, Veterinary and Food Sciences
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2330
Moscow, ID 83844-2330
Ph.D., Virginia Tech
M.S., Virginia Tech
B.S., Delaware Valley
- Applied cattle reproduction, with an emphasis on fertility and management
- Develop a systematic breeding program for dairy cattle to increase fertility rates and improve reproductive and economic advantages of artificial insemination (AI) on dairy farms
- Investigate the role of environment, management and diseases on cattle reproduction
- Interaction between nutrition and reproduction
- Enhancing conception rate by reducing early embryonic loss
- Collaborate with UI dairy extension specialist Joe Dalton and reproductive physiologist Tracy Davis to address issues on farms, specifically the direct implications on practical reproductive management
- Stevenson, J.S. and A. Ahmadzadeh. Replacement Management-Cattle: Breeding standards and pregnancy maintenance. In Encyclopedia of Dairy Sciences. H. Roginski [eds.]. 2010. Academic Press.
Carrelli, J. E., M. Gobikrushanth, M. Corpron, W. Sandberg, I. Rajesh, A. Ahmadzadeh, M. Oba, and D. J. Ambrose. 2022. Associations between anogenital distance and measures of fertility in lactating North American Holstein cows: A validation study. J Dairy Sci https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2021-20827
Ahmadzadeh, A., A. Hale, B. Shafii, and J. Dalton, 2022. The effect of the liquid nitrogen level on the temperature in a semen storage tank. J. Dairy Vet Sci.15 (2): DOI: 10.19080/JDVS.2022.15.555906
- Carrelli, J.E., M. Gobikrushanth, M. Corpron, I. Rajesh, W. Sandberg, M. G. Colazo, A. Ahmadzadeh, M. Oba, D. J. Ambrose. 2021. Relationship of anogenital distance with fertility in nulliparous Holstein heifers. J. Dairy Sci. in press https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2020-19940.
- *Corpron, M. A. Ahmadzadeh1, P. Rezamand, Q. Huo. 2021. Relationship between beef cow fertility and maternal immunity. Applied Anim. Sci. 37: 733-737. https://doi.org/10.15232/aas.2021-02214.
- Spencer, J. A., K. G. Carnahan, B. Shafii, J. Dalton, and A. Ahmadzadeh1. 2020. Pregnancy per artificial insemination during summer in lactating dairy cows after treatment with aspirin. Anim. Repro. Sci. 212: 106253. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anireprosci.2019.106253.
- Spencer, J. A., D. Konetchy, and A. Ahmadzadeh1. 2020. Influences of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on dairy cattle reproductive performance. Applied Anim. Sci. 36: 397-406. https://doi.org/10.15232/aas.2019-01969
- Claypool, C. K., J. A. Spencer, S. Menegatti Zoca, B. Shafii, W. J. Price, A. Ahmadzadeh, N. R. Rimbey, and J. C. Dalton. 2019. Reproduction outcomes in dairy heifers following a 14-d progesterone insert presynchronization protocol. J. Dairy Sci. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2019-17000.
- *Spencer, J. A. K. Carnahan, B. Shafii, W. J. Price, J. Dalton, and A. Ahmadzadeh1. 2018. Pregnancy outcomes are not improved by administering gonadotropin-releasing hormone at initiation of a 5-day CIDR-Cosynch resynchronization protocol for lactating dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 101:8524-8531. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2017-13491
- Reynolds, M.K., G. E. Chibisa, A. Ahmadzadeh, and J. B. Hall. 2018. Reproductive development and fertility traits among heifers in different residual feed intake groups. Translational Anim. Sci., 2(suppl_1): S175-S179. https://doi.org/10.1093/tas/txy039
- Autran, C.A., W. Price, J. C. Dalton, and A. Ahmadzadeh1. 2017. Effect of Prostaglandin F2α on Growth of Streptococcus uberis associated with Bovine Mastitis. Dairy and Vet. Sci. J. 3(4): 555619. DOI: 10.19080/JDVS.2017.03.555619
- *Spencer, J. A., K. Steinkamp, B. Shafiib, and A. Ahmadzadeh1. 2016. The effect of aspirin on prostaglandin F2α secretion in lactating dairy cows. Prof. Anim. Sci. 32.5: 681-686
- *Spencer, J. A., K. G. Carnahan , B. Shafiib, S. Read, and A. Ahmadzadeh1.2016. Effect of flunixin meglumine on prostaglandin metabolites and progesterone in lactating dairy cows. Clinc. Theriogenology. 8(1):41-48.
- Ahmadzadeh, A., L. K. Fox, M. A. McGuire, and K. G. Carnahan. 2015. Effect of prostaglandin F2α on growth of Mycoplasma bovis associated with bovine mastitis. J. Adv Dairy Res. 3(3): doi:10.4172/2329-888X.1000142
- Ahmadzadeh, A., D. Gunn J. B. Hall, and J. B. Glaze Jr. 2015. Evaluation of treatment with a 5-d versus 7-d controlled internal drug-release insert on reproductive outcomes of beef heifers using a modified timed–artificial insemination protocol. Prof. Anim. Sci. 31:270-277.
- Ahmadzadeh, A., B. J. Purswell, and S. M. Boyle. 2014. Comparison of three methods for termination of pregnancy in cats using a dopamine agonist and prostaglandin F2α. Clinc. Theriogenology. 6:467.
- Domer, M. C., C. A. Beerman, A. Ahmadzadeh, N. Dasgupta, J. E. Williams, M. A. McGuire, and M. K. McGuire. 2015. Loss of body fat and associated decrease in leptin in early lactation are related to shorter duration of postpartum anovulation in healthy U.S. women. J. Human Lactation. 31(2): 282-293.
- Reynolds, M. K., M. J. Ellison, G. E. Chibisa, A. Ahmadzadeh, J. B. Hall. 2018. Influence of post weaning grazing on reproductive measures in beef heifers. In Proc. Western Section of American Society of Animal Science 69:.
- *Spencer J. A.*, K. Carnahan, W. Price, B. Shafii and A. Ahmadzadeh1. 2017. Effects of one or two prostaglandin F2α injections on progesterone concentrations and luteolysis in suckling beef cows subjected to a five-day controlled internal drug release-Cosynch protocol. In Proc. Western Section of American Society of Animal Science 68:20-24.
- Ahmadzadeh, A. 2013. Interaction between Dietary Protein & Fertility, and Metabolic Disease & Mastitis in Dairy Cows and Reproduction. 2013 In Proc Bucknell (Renaissance) Nutrition Conference, Lewisburg, PA, Pg 215
- Spencer, J. A., A. Ahmadzadeh, K. Steinkamp. 2013. Effect of Aspirin on Prostaglandin Metabolites and Progesterone Concentrations in Lactating Dairy Cows. In Proc. 17th Roy Wallace Memorial Symposium on Bovine Reproduction. Columbus, OH. October 2013.
- Autran, C. A., A. Ahmadzadeh1, J. C. Dalton. 2011. Does pure dinoprost tromethamine (prostaglandin f2α) inhibit growth in vitro ofstaphylococcus aureus associated with bovine mastitis? In: Proc. Western Section of American Society of Animal Science. 62:25.
- Hall, J. B. A. Ahmadzadeh, R.H. Stokes, C. Stephenson, and J. K. Ahola. 2010. Impact of gender-selected semen on AI pregnancy rates, gender ratios, and calf performance in crossbred postpartum beef cows. InProc. 8th International Ruminant Reproduction. Alaska, USA. Pg 177.
- Ahmadzadeh A, and J. C. Dalton. 2010. Impact of Metabolic Disorders and Mastitis on Reproduction. In: Proc. Dairy Cattle Reproduction Conference, November, Pg 101.
- Dalton, J. C. and A. Ahmadzadeh. 2010. AI Technician Management In: Proc. Dairy Cattle Reproduction Conference, November, Pg 35.
- Ahmadzadeh A., M. A. McGuire, and J. C. Dalton. 2010. Interaction between clinical mastitis, other diseases and reproductive performance in dairy cows. In: Proc. Advances in Dairy Technology, Western Canadian Dairy Seminar. 22:83.
- Hall, J. B., A. Ahmadzadeh, R. H. Stokes, J. K. Ahola, C. Stephenson, J. J. England, and J. B. Glaze, Jr. 2009. Effect of targeted use of a controlled internal drug releasing device (CIDR) in an estrous synchronization system for postpartum beef cows. In: Proc. Western Section of American Society of Animal Science. 60:257.
- Recipient of Purina Animal Nutrition Teaching Award in Dairy Production, American Dairy Science Association, 2014
- Alumni Award for Excellence in Mentorship, University of Idaho, 2014
- Outstanding Teaching Award, American Dairy Scientists Association, 2014
- UI Dairy Club, Outstanding Chapter for the Western American Dairy Scientists Association, 2013
- Outstanding Academic Advisor Award, Western Regional American Dairy Science Association Student Affiliate Division, 2012
- National Teacher Fellow Award, North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture, 2012
- Faculty Excellence Award, University of Idaho and Washington State University Naval ROTC, 2011
- Western Section of American Society of Animal Science Distinguished Teacher Award, 2010
- Regional USDA Food and Agriculture Sciences Excellence in Teaching Awards, National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges, 2007
- CALS Outstanding Academic Advisor, University of Idaho, 2007
- University Teaching Excellence Award, University of Idaho, 2006
- CALS R.M. Wade Teaching Excellence Award, University of Idaho, 2004