M.S. Food Science
Exploring What We Eat
The food and beverage industry relies on food scientists to create new foods, improve food safety and quality and develop safe and sustainable food processing. Graduate students will conduct innovative and high quality research to solve emerging problems in food science. Curriculum in this program focuses on food processing, food chemistry, food microbiology, sensory evaluation and other specialized areas. Some of your courses will be held on the Washington State University campus, just 8 miles from Moscow, giving you access to facilities and faculty experts at two research universities.
- Get hands-on experience through facilities and resources at U of I and WSU
- Apply for research or teaching assistantships
- Enter competitions and publish your research
- Work for companies like J.R. Simplot Co., Kraft Foods and Land O’Lakes
- Participate in grant-funded research projects